Blue and White Staffordshire Saucer Showing Dogs
From the Collection of Mario Buatta
Mario loved dogs! In many of the homes he decorated he hung paintings of hounds and spaniels throughout the rooms. Here we have a small but exquisite dish showing a pair of hounds at rest. The wide border is filled with flowers and leaves in a traditional Staffordshire style of the Regency period. The lively deep cobalt blue adds to the beauty of the dish.
Made circa 1820 the dish is marked with the factory mark of Ralph and James Clews. The Clews factory was located in Stoke-on Trent in Staffordshire.
Dimensions: Dm 6 in.